Monday, October 1, 2007

Arrived in Lima

Hola,
just a brief message for everyone that I arrived in Lima, save and sound... More tomorrow...

...
Well, here a bit more.. I arrived yesterday after a long flight.. In the morning I overslept, stupid stupid me. Luckily my parents were so friendly to wake me on time, since they were my taxi to the airport, thanks mom and dad!

The flight was long, exhausting.. I slept a bit, talked to some english and slovenian people and according schedule we arrived at Lima. First they pasport check, followed by the custums. They do randomk checks here, pushing a button determines either you gotta get a red sign, which implies you will be heked, or a green one.. Mine was green, continue!


My pick-up was standing there, too bad he only spoke spanish. Once in the hostel I swithed rooms since there was no locker available.. Last night I experienced the luxury of having the room (with shower) all to myself. I already met up with some people, though most of them are leaving in the next days. Today (7 hours time difference) I will relax, walk around, read spanish words and get used to the life pace here!!! Get a great (3-4 dollar) meal somewhere, but first a starbucks, while I still can...

The day after tomorrow I will move south, probably to nazca, followed by Arequipa.. I do not know the extend to which internet is available.

Take care!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ja!! Het is nu dan toch echt begonnen!!!

Hopelijk heb je de Starbucks kunnen vinden, want leven zonder koffie? Auch!

Anonymous said...

Just enjoy, be safe marcel!!

Anonymous said...

Veel plezier op je reis! geniet en beleef (en probeer de koffie bij de plaatselijke koffiebar eens, wedden dat die lekkerder is!)
Michèle

Anonymous said...

Hola hombre,

Goed te horen dat je veilig bent aangekomen. Veel succes met de spaanse woordjes. Hasta la proxima!

Dennis

Anonymous said...

goed om je te lezen!!! ben benieuwd naar je komende avonturen!!:D...geniet!!