Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sucre, la ciudad blanca

Sucre, la ciudad blanca, or the white city. A wonderfull city with colonial churches, buildings, great views, good restaurants. Really a lovely city to stay.

I arrived in Sucre last Wednesda, with the intention to stay for approx 2 weeks +. In order to relax and learn spanish. Friday was my first spanish lesson and I already met quite some people over here, even some of my old mates I met during the uyuni trip.


There is something that might amaze you, there is a Dutch owned bar here, Joyride Bolivia, where I naturally tried the saté and bitterballen. They even have Bossche Bollen at the place. The good thing about the place is that they show movies during the evenings, very relaxed and real good movies, e.g. The Motorcycle Diaries, about Che Guevara, the background of becoming a revolutionary.

This weekend and yesterday it also started to itch, to move on. Since I experienced already quite a lot of amazing things I want more and more. That´s why I decided to depart from Sucre early and leave for La Paz next Friday. From there I will do the death road trip asap, probably with gravity, the best tour agency to do so! Then I´ll stay in Coroico to relax, pool, etc.. For 2-3 days, do not know yet where.. Subsequently I will move on to Rurrenabaque to do a jungle or pampas tour..

But first things first, three more days of Spanish lessons, then taking the night bus to La Paz on Friday!! And enjoy my time here in this awesome city!

Part 2

Last week was a busy week, but above all a joyfull one. Tonight I leave for La Paz, just got some chocolates from para ti (they got their training how to make chocolate in Holland) and getting my stuff and go.. Now just some notes:

- The Devils Miner is an awesome documentary about the life at the mines in potosi, touching, realsitic, recommended!!!
- The meeting place here is the place, I mean for hooking up and stuff, not a bar or any other place, the central plaza is the place for the youth.

- Yesterday (Thursday), the streets were empty due to a strike, a strange experience!
- According to the dutch department of foreign affairs it is dangerous here, a negative travel advice.. Though this is one of the most lovely and peacefull places I´ve ever been to.. Guess they don´t have a clue what life is like here, from La Paz...
- I ate a kind of oliebol, but then with potato and cheese for the shocking costs of 10 cents.
- All the people I met that went to Colombia were hilarious about it, places where they got mugged were in Ecuador and Peru, not in Colombia.
- Wishing you all a great weekend, now I´m of to La Paz, arriving tomorrow in the early morning! Take care!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

bossche bollen !!! wiehoee ; )

(alsof je dáár op zit te wachten als je dáár bent ; )

Anonymous said...

Hoi Marcel.

Spannend wat je allemaal gaat doen. Tot nu toe een leuk reisverslag en prachtige foto's.
Wees voorzichtig in de afdaling.

Groeten

Pa en Ma

amsterdamjose said...

geweldig om zoveel nieuwe mensen te ontmoeten. En bossche bollen op het continent van chocolade en koffie klinkt eigenlijk helemaal zo gek nog niet.

Anonymous said...

Inmiddels in La Paz, wel een verschil, een stad met 130.000 inwoners of 1.300.000.

Morgen vroeg Derath Road, relaxen in Rurrenabaque, dan.. Of vliegen naar la paz en door naar copacabana met de bus, of via land naar Sorata en Copacabana (uitdagend, meer puur, maar weet niet of het lukt dat te regelen).

Anonymous said...

hola guapo! como estas? aqui todo bien! si tu quieres hablar un poco mas.. diga me! (dat laatste weet ik niet of ik dat goed heb geschreven.. duh, kniesoor die daarop let, toch?) maar enniewee, coole stories, ga zo door, ben benieuwd naar Copacabana! (meteen dat liedje in mn hoofd! Her name was Lola.. she was a showgirl.. lalalalalala..) xx Juul

Anonymous said...

Heerlijk, in een maand tijd heb je al heel wat gezien, meegemaakt, en wie weet wat je nog allemaal gaat beleven.
Ben benieuwd en benijd het nog steeds van je dat je die tijd neemt, dat je die stap gewoon hebt gemaakt. Bewondering.

Nou, goed vervolg van je reis,
Groeten, Dorine

Btw, moet trouwens wel lachen als ik aan de combi saté, bitterballen en bossche bollen denk :S
Doet me tevens een beetje denken aan het menu dat je eens voor je buurtjes had gemaakt :D