Thursday, October 4, 2007

Leaving Lima

A few days Lima, walking around, meeting up with people, from Cuba, Germany, the US, Australia, Canada. It was fun, though it was meant tu get used to the atmosphere.. Temperatures around 15 celsius, almost an eternal mist, and barely any sun.. Event though the eternal mist, you do get sunburned.

Today was kind of exciting, my first trip with a taxi and the first bus trip. At the moment I´m almost 450 km south of Lima, Nazca, known for the famous Nazca Lines which I´ll fly over tomorrow. During the 7 hour bus trip we went through Pisco and Ica, two cities that were harmed most by the earthquake. It really had a huge impact and seeing it made impact on me.

Tomorrow, first the Nazca lines, then a bit of relaxing, late at night I will take the night bus to Arequipa. Another 650 km to the south. Here I will stay a few days, nice weather (though here it is nice to) and hiking through the colca canyon. I don´t know yet where I will stay there. Since I will arrive in the morning it is relaxed to find a place.

I will also post a few movies on youtube (also from Pisco where you can see the tents and the destroyed houses), the link will follow!!
Well, this is it for now, till next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Note to self: kaart kopen van zuid-amerika. Ik heb nu geen idee waar je uithangt.