Monday, November 19, 2007

Machu Picchu

4 am...The alarm rings. I´m knocking at the neighbours door to wake them up. Just ten more minutes, jeez, it is so early. Ok, now it is really time to get up. Breakfast, pancakes and then at five, packed for the day leaving for the bus to the site. We are in the first bus, luckily, an arriving at the site I am probably with the first 20 persons to enter this amazing city, Machu Picchu, the old Inca city, for the royals and their families.

Entering the site the views are immediately amazing, so impressive. Too bad the sun is not showing itself yet. There are barely people on the site and it is simply awesome. First a two hour tour with our guide (while my priority is more at taking photo´s then the stories) and then walking up to Wayna Picchu for an amazing overview of the city of Machu Picchu.

First the tour, enjoying the views, a lama being so kind to pose for some amazing pics. It is simply amazing. The walk up the Wayna Picchu is hard, here I walk with two American girls, while my friends are having a second breakfast. The view is really amazing and I am enjoying it to the utmost. I spent a total of 2,5 hours up at the Wayna Picchu.

Returning at the site it is crowded, very crowded. I´m walking around a bit more, taking some pics before I start the walk (instead of taking the bus, more joyfull, better views) down to Aguas Calientes where we will meet again with the guide and have lunch. (Too bad I twisted my anckle, it gave in to the joy of the hike. Don´t worry mom and dad, it is quite ok) After lunch we headed back to Cuzco.

ps, though it was amazing, I think I rank Petra in Jordan higher than Machu Picchu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He Marcel,

We lezen je verhalen elke keer weer met bewondering!! En wat een prachtige foto's. We kijken nu al uit naar de volgende verhalen en natuurlijk naar de rest van de foto's!!

groetjes
Deniel en Mickey

PS. kijk je een beetje uit met je enkel!

Anonymous said...

Hoi Marcel,

We hadden een goede tijd in Rurrenabaque. De trips naar de jungle en de pampas met Amazonico waren prima. En weet je wie ons vergezelde tijdens de twee tours: Sarah!!! Veel plezier nog in Peru! We gaan nu naar Sucre. Groetjes, Pieter en Eva

Anonymous said...

Hoi Marcel,

Heerlijk om al die verhalen te lezen. Zeker als je hier je raam uitkijkt en koud en grauw Nederland moet aanschouwen.

Groetjes,

Marleen

Anonymous said...

en dan aan het eind die ps lezen... poe poe, hoezo verwend ? ; )

(wat was dat met die geest op je andere site dan ? ; )