Tuesday, January 29, 2008

La Fortuna

La Fortuna, the end of my trip except for two more nights in San José. Staying in the Arenal Backpackers relaxing, enjoying the weather, the views of the Volcano. This region with all its hotels is one of the hotspots for tourists. One reason are its parks, its hot-springs, the good climate, the facilities. Though one of the main attractions is the Volcano. An active volcano with a 'constant' flow of lava.

My primary purpose of being here is to relax, the last days before going home. Reading a bit, visiting a nearby waterfall (video will follow of me on a rope, swinging and dropping in the fall) where primarily locals (yes) go.

On the clear days you have a great view of the volcano, even from the hostel. It was one of these days I booked a tour, together with two Canadian girls I first went to do a hike near the volcano, seeing some wildlife (monkeys, birds) and having great views of the volcano. After that first hike we went to the other side of the volcano. Watching the sunset on one side and after sunset seeing huge bricks of lava go down the volcano. It was agreat experience seeing the lava come down.

This tour ended with a visit to the Tabacón hot-springs. We had a package that included the hot-springs and dinner at this five star resort where hotel rooms start at 240$ a night and go up to over 400$ a night. So I can imagine you don't want to use the link to the resort. It was really amazing there, a good atmosphere, very good company, and an exquisite buffet after the relaxing baths.

This will be my final post from here, returning home on Friday, arriving Saturday. Photo's will be added later, when I'm home since the facilities here don't allow me to add them.

Thank you all for following my adventures on the road through Latin America.
Marcel

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcel,

De tour naar de rivier rio negro is de tour waar ik de meeste wildlife heb gezien in costa rica, vanuit waar je nu bent. In San Jose is hostel tranquillo een aanrader! Geniet nog maar even en dan een hele goede thuisreis!
x Kim

Anonymous said...

wens je ook vast een behouden vlucht naar huis, marcel en het was leuk meekijken, alhoewel ik wel eh... vaak jaloers was hahaha maar toch een beetje meegenoten ook en super dat jij het zo geweldig hebt gehad !

Anonymous said...

Jeetje, terwijl ik dit lees, kan ik me niet voorstellen dat je nu al weer terugkomt. Het lijkt soms wel alsof je pas bent weggegaan. Geniet nog even en een goede vlucht terug.
Al kijk ik wel reikhalzend uit naar je terugkeer in blogland. Want die reacties heb ik toch wel gemist. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Broer,

Nog een paar dagen genieten en dan mag je weer op het vliegtuig stappen naar ons kikkerlandje. Nog even veel plezier de laatste dagen en fijne vlucht. Succes in Madrid in ieder geval alvast. Dat is even minder dat je daar zo lang moet wachten.

Ik zie je dit weekend!

Groeten,
Dennis

Anonymous said...

Mars is coming closer! En wist je dat ik helemaal niet van Marsen hou? ;)Maar enniewee, fijn dat je weer terugkomt, ben benieuwd naar nog meer prachtige foto's en verhalen.. tot gauw, goeie reis en stay safe! xx Venus, aka Juul!

miami beach condos said...

After that first hike we went to the other side of the volcano. Watching the sunset on one side and after sunset seeing huge bricks of lava go down the volcano..thanks for sharing here..

Erlend Hildur said...

I am so happy today because God has done it for me after going through hard times with other loan lenders and nothing works out, I was about to lose my faith and hope but I still have to stand strong and pursue what I am looking for. I am happy today because God has directed me to the best Loan Company and I didn't regret anything after contacting them and my heart desire was granted and I was given the said amount I requested for (300,000.00 USD), the money was paid into my account after two weeks of talking with the company and they didn't stress me or give me any headache in getting this loan from them, others of my family members and friends I directed to them all got their loan too, I would love you to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com . and get your loan quickly and this is safe and fast, you that have loose hope, faith and everything you have all just in the name of getting a loan and nothing work out, bet me if you try this man called Pedro Jerome , you will never regret anything and your loan request will be approve and it will be paid directly into your bank account, so hurry now and contact quick response on WhatsApp +1-8632310632. ask for any type of Loan, and it will be granted to you. I wish you the best